Create password-protected folders and files that can't be read, edited, or moved
- Category Files
- Program license Free
- Version 1.3
- Size 3.12 MB
- Works under: Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by IObit Information Technology
Password Folder is a program that lets you hide folders on your computer away from prying eyes and lets you enjoy your privacy when sharing a computer with others.
No matter how old you are, you may find yourself stuck sharing a computer with one or more other people. If you live at home and take care of your parents, they may use that computer almost as much as you do. You may also share one with a spouse, a few roommates or even your kids. College students, those who work from home and anyone who wants to keep their information private will like using Password Folder.
Password Folder takes just seconds to download and minutes to install. As soon as you open the program, it gives you some basic details about how you can use it and what it will do for you. It also asks you to select a new password that you'll use in the future each time you open the program. After choosing your password, you can also add a security question. If you forget your password later, you can answer this question to access your account.
One great aspect about this program is that it lets you drag and drop files to password protect each one. Click and grab a file or folder from your desktop to the program to keep it hidden. You can also add folders from other places on your computer. This keeps other users from changing the settings, reading the files you use for work or even playing your games. Password Folder even lets you edit files from inside the program and save those changes. No one can access a single file or folder you store in this program without knowing your password.
If you worry about accidentally moving necessary files, you'll love the exclude option. This feature lets you make a list of all files you do not want to move. If you attempt to move any of those files later, the program will send out an alert to keep you from making a mistake. Though there are similar programs out there, Password Folder is the only one that lets you lock as many files and folders as you want away from prying eyes and edit all those files whenever you need. Though it sounds complicated, this is an easy to use program.
- Has a basic user interface that anyone can use
- Lets you select your own password and a security question
- Drag and drop feature makes it easy to protect your files
- Lets you view, organize and edit any files you saved in the program
- Hides all files you choose from others instead of just locking those files
- Does not let you lock individual files or folders on your desktop
- Cannot add password protection to files outside of the program
- Limited configuration features
- Will only protect files/folders that you physically drag from your computer to the program